Most popular advice guides

Introduction to park homes

Park Home is the commonly used term for a mobile home (caravan) on a protected...

Buying or gifting a park home

This guide is not meant to describe or give a full interpretation of the law...

Selling a park home

See also the flow chart The process of selling a mobile home (PDF). This guide is...

Local authorities’ fees policies

Local Authority Name Link Adur Worthing Link Allerdale Council Link Ambervalley Borough Council Link Arun...

Who does the fit and proper person test apply to?

The fit and proper person test applies to the site licence holder or the person appointed by the site licence holder to manage the site. The site licence holder is required to apply to the local authority to be included on a register of fit and proper persons, or for their appointed site manager to be included.

Once the application window is open the site owner must submit an application to be assessed. The application must be submitted by 1st October 2021, unless the site is exempt.

A park home site is exempt if it is “a non-commercial family occupied site”. That is one only occupied by members of the same family and that is not being run on a commercial basis.

Operating a site in contravention of the regulations is a criminal offence, for which a person would be liable on summary conviction to an unlimited fine. It is also an offence for an occupier to withhold information from or include false or misleading information in a registration application.

Local Authority can apply to the FTT for a site licence to be revoked where there has been a contravention of the regulations by the licence holder. A court that has convicted a relevant person of an offence under these regulations can also revoke a site licence where the person has been convicted of two or more previous breaches for the same site.


More information:

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.


You DO NOT NEED to sign a new pitch agreement if your site owner changes. Your existing terms and conditions will stay the same if the site is sold.

If you are asked to sign a new agreement get advice from LEASE or a solicitor before doing so.