Most popular advice guides

Introduction to park homes

Park Home is the commonly used term for a mobile home (caravan) on a protected...

Buying or gifting a park home

This guide is not meant to describe or give a full interpretation of the law...

Selling a park home

See also the flow chart The process of selling a mobile home (PDF). This guide is...

Local authorities’ fees policies

Local Authority Name Link Adur Worthing Link Allerdale Council Link Ambervalley Borough Council Link Arun...

What happens if the site licence holder or manager fails the fit and proper person test?

If the site licence holder fails the test they will be given the opportunity to identify and appoint a suitable alternative manager. If the site licence holder is not able to do this the local authority will consider whether it is possible to appoint a person to manage the site, with the site licence holder’s consent.

Where an application is rejected, the name and address of the site will be included on the register but not the person’s name or business contact details. Like other registers, local authorities will be required to make the register available to the public and online.

If the site owner is not happy with the outcome of the test they can appeal to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) against a decision to:

  • to include the relevant person on the register for a period less than 5 years
  • any condition attached to inclusion on the register
  • any rejection of an application for inclusion on the register


More information:

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.


You DO NOT NEED to sign a new pitch agreement if your site owner changes. Your existing terms and conditions will stay the same if the site is sold.

If you are asked to sign a new agreement get advice from LEASE or a solicitor before doing so.