The regulations will be brought into force in two stages:
- Stage one will give local authorities in England until 1st July 2021 to prepare to receive applications from site owners (or “occupiers”), establish their processes for making and issuing decisions, and establish a fit and proper person register for their local area.
- Stage two will provide 3 months from the end of Stage 1 for site owners/licence holders to submit completed applications to local authorities. The deadline for applications is 1st October 2021.
- What is the fit and proper person test?
- Who will the fit and proper person test apply to?
- What will happen if the site licence holder or manager fails the fit and proper person test?
- If a resident thinks a manager is not fit and proper, will the Local Authority take this into account?
- Government’s response to technical consultation
- Fit and Proper Person Test, England: Countdown to Implementation