Most popular advice guides

Introduction to park homes

Park Home is the commonly used term for a mobile home (caravan) on a protected...

Buying or gifting a park home

This guide is not meant to describe or give a full interpretation of the law...

Selling a park home

See also the flow chart The process of selling a mobile home (PDF). This guide is...

Local authorities’ fees policies

Local Authority Name Link Adur Worthing Link Allerdale Council Link Ambervalley Borough Council Link Arun...

Who can a resident contact if they have received poor service from an estate agent or solicitor?

During the buying process, it can be incredibly frustrating if you have received poor service from an estate agent or solicitor. If you would like to make a complaint about an estate agent or a solicitor, there are a number of regulatory bodies you can contact.

If you have a complaint about a solicitor, you can contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). The SRA regulates solicitors and ensures they comply with the Principles of the Solicitors Code of Conduct, which sets out the professional standards they expect of all firms and individuals.

If you feel your firm or individual has not delivered what you expected or complied with the Principles, you can issue a complaint to the SRA.

If you have a complaint about an estate agent, you must contact the state agent first and give them a fair chance to sort out your complaint. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, you can complain to The Property Ombudsman or the Property Redress Scheme.

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.