Most popular advice guides

Introduction to park homes

Park Home is the commonly used term for a mobile home (caravan) on a protected...

Buying or gifting a park home

This guide is not meant to describe or give a full interpretation of the law...

Selling a park home

See also the flow chart The process of selling a mobile home (PDF). This guide is...

Local authorities’ fees policies

Local Authority Name Link Adur Worthing Link Allerdale Council Link Ambervalley Borough Council Link Arun...

Where can prospective buyers find a good solicitor?

If you are thinking of buying a park home, it is a good idea to seek the advice and guidance of an accredited solicitor.

When you are looking for a solicitor, there are a number of factors you should consider to ensure you find someone who is best suited to your individual needs. You should start by finding a few solicitors that meet your basic requirements and then contact them to find out more about how they can help you.

It is also important that you find a solicitor you feel comfortable using, as this will enable you to get the most out of your working relationship.

To find a solicitor, you can use the Law Society’s find a solicitor database to find practitioners based in England and Wales.

When you are using the Law Society website, you can filter your search according to:

  • where they are (either in this country or working abroad but qualified in English and Welsh law)
  • which areas of law they practice in
  • whether they are members of any Law Society accreditation schemes
  • whether they accept legal aid
  • whether their offices have wheelchair access, hearing loops, or sign language facilities, and
  • whether they can speak languages other than English

LEASE is governed by a board, appointed as individuals by the Secretary of State for the Ministry for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities.


You DO NOT NEED to sign a new pitch agreement if your site owner changes. Your existing terms and conditions will stay the same if the site is sold.

If you are asked to sign a new agreement get advice from LEASE or a solicitor before doing so.