It may be possible that the costs of improvements be added to a proposed increase. However, the site owner can only recover the costs if certain conditions have been met, as follows:
- Consultation on improvements to the site.
- Consultation with any qualifying residents’ association of the site on matters relating to the operation and management of the site, and how it may affect the occupiers.
- Before any improvements are carried out, the site owner must also take into account any representations received from the occupiers. They cannot start any work if the majority of the occupiers have disagreed to the works in writing.
All these conditions have to be satisfied before an increase can be made.
More information you might find useful:
- Mobile Homes (Pitch Fees) Act 2023 – Questions and Answers
- More Frequently Asked Questions on Pitch fees
Still not found the answer?
Contact LEASE to have your enquiry dealt with by one of our experienced advisers